To train in area of Technical Theatre.
Dates: Summer 2013
Hours: + /- 80
Location: Penobscot Theatre Opera House 131 Maine Street Bangor
Objective: To train in the area of Technical Theater. Helping and learning about what it takes to make a professional production happen. To get hands on experience with sets, lights, props and costumes.
Supervision: Intern/ Volunteer will report daily to The Production Stage Manager Meredith Perry, or Technical Director Andy Frodahl. The intern/ Volunteer will help support the show selected for.
- Meeting with TD (technical director) and PSM (production stage manager) before 1st rehearsal
- Agree to the entire run of the show you are selected for
- Arrive promptly and in the condition to do your given task.
- Wearing black clothing for 3 weeks.
- Show Duties:
- Prop preset, costume preset
- Giving Actors Calls before, during and after show
- Set movement, prop tracking, and costume tracking
- Assist actors with whatever they might need to make their job easier
- Running light board, sound board, projection, spotlight, fogger and or other equipment necessary to the show
- Keeping the stage and dressing rooms clean and orderly
- Taking cues from PSM
- Able to take direction from PSM and TD
- Ability to complete lists and tasks
- Ability to take notes on set movements and prop placements
- Ability to think on your feet and deal with a change in task list, problem solve