To train and excel in areas of marketing and public relations.
Objective: To train in areas of management, marketing and public relations. Management/PR interns are entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and have the opportunity to play an integral role in the Theater’s marketing and public image. The Management Department is charged with the development and execution of strategic plans to promote the institutional image and attract attendance to the plays and related programs produced by the theater.
Supervision: Management interns must be able to work a set number of hours each week, and assist the Artistic Director, Managing Director, and Education Director with various tasks.
- Consulting on long-term marketing strategies
- Working with the Education Director on advertising needs, promoting tours and other education-related needs
- Assist in booking TV, Radio, and Print advertisements
- Maintaining deadlines
- Serving as the liaison between the Artistic Director and Printers/Graphic Designers
- Assisting in execution of promotions, direct mail and e-marketing projects
- Updating mailing lists
- Maintaining press clippings and photo archives
- Assembling press kits
- Assisting the planning/hosting of special events and openings
- Conducting research and writing press releases
- Creating and conduct audience surveys
- Working with the webmaster to monitor and evaluate content on the website
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Multi-task oriented, and computer literate.
- Experience in sales, promotions, or media desirable
- Website maintenance, Tessitura and/or e-marketing skills a plus
- Experience in arts administration, direct marketing, communications, public relations and/or journalism.