Your donations are responsible for the continued success of Penobscot Theatre Company. With your help we can
- continue to deliver on high production values
- provide a professional training ground for young artists and enrich the education experiences of thousands of Maine students
- provide a community hub for storytelling and connection
- continue important partnerships with other local nonprofits
- keep ticket prices affordable
- maintain the historic Bangor Opera House
- contribute approximately $2M annually to the region’s economy
Happy Birthday, dear Opera House…!
This year the Historic Bangor Opera House turns 100! We are embarking on a very special fundraising project that will raise money to support the care of our beloved home for the next 100 years. We have made so many improvements since we took ownership in 1997, such as restoring the building façade and marquee, renovating the lobby, and replacing the seats in the auditorium. Looking to the future, we’d like to keep the improvements going, but we can’t do it without you! Our list of wants for the Opera House includes:
- renovating the bathrooms
- buying a curtain for the stage, also known as a “Grand Rag”
- putting a sign on the building that denotes the Opera House
- improving our rehearsal room
- improving our sound system
- renovating our administrative offices
- …and so much more!
Please help us continue to thrive and consider a gift today!
-Financial Gifts: to be used in our general operating, arts education scholarships, sets, lights, and costumes.
–Legacy Gifts: Make us a part of your estate planning and guarantee the financial security of our mission for years to come.
-Wish List: As with any organization we have needs for everything from technology to cleaning supplies. Check with us (or look in the latest playbill) for a list of items for which we have a need.
We are a registered 501(c)(3) and will be pleased to provide you with documentation for your tax records. Donors who give over $50 annually are listed in our Playbills.