Songs and writings by Woody Guthrie, conceived and adapted by Peter Glazer, orchestrations and vocal arrangements by Jeff Waxman
“An exuberant musical celebration of our nation, our history and our shared humanity.” -Seattle Times
Before Dylan, before Cash, there was Guthrie. Adapted from the songs and writings of America’s premier folk poet, American Song uses Woody Guthrie’s own storytelling to create narrative contexts for his music. As he roamed the country singing such songs as “Bound for Glory”, “This Land is Your Land”, and “Hard Travelin’”, Guthrie gave voice to the powerless. Woody Guthrie’s American Song brings the challenges of the past into striking relief with the issues still faced today. Journey with us as we celebrate an American visionary. Starring Jeremy Sevelovitz (Ring of Fire, Last Dance) and Red Blissett (George Jones)! A Maine Premiere!
WOODY’S WELCOME WAGON!
– show up at the Bangor Opera House (131 Main Street) beginning one hour before showtime and visit the box office to sign in
– 10 minutes before the performance, seating will begin on a first-come, first-served basis
– must be a new patron to PTC
– seating based on availability
– must be done in person; no phone calls
– seating preferences cannot be guaranteed
As Woody said: “the best way to get to know any bunch of people is to get to know their music…”