by William Goldman based on the novel by Stephen King
In this faithful adaptation of a King classic, romance novelist Paul Sheldon is rescued from a car accident by his “Number One Fan,” Annie Wilkes, and wakes up captive in her secluded home. While Paul is convalescing, Annie reads the manuscript to his newest novel and one plot twist leads to another, as Annie has Paul writing as if his life depends on it. And it does. A MAINE PREMIERE!
Strong language and violence. Parental discretion advised.
Special offerings for King’s Number One Fans
- Secure an autographed first edition. We will auction three first-edition copies of Misery, the novel, autographed by the author. Each will be auctioned separately
- Following the 5:00 pm Opening Night performance, October 14
- Following the 3:00 pm performance, October 15
- ollowing the final performance, 3:00 pm, November 5.
Bidding will start at $250, and the auction will be open to both ticket holders and members of the public who wish to bid in person. Collectors who are unable to participate in person may place an absentee bid up until Friday, October 13 at 5:00 pm for the first two auctions, and Saturday, November 4 at 5:00 pm for the Final Auction. Contact Gerald Winters for details about absentee bidding at email@example.com.
- Talk Misery and More. Explore the unique collection of literature and literary artifacts at Gerald Winters and Son at 48 Main Street. Whatever your “Needful Thing,”, Winters’s specialty is finding it for you! With regular hours Monday-Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm and Sunday 10 am – 3 pm, the store will be open until showtime on Wednesdays throughout our Misery run.