Full Time Positions
Overview: The Business Manager is responsible for the day-to-day financial and operational activities of the organization, and plays a significant role in the development and implementation of policies and plans to ensure the company’s health and sustainability. The manager works closely with the Artistic Director and other members of the leadership team, providing significant council on financial issues and decisions. This position requires flexible hours including events, evenings, weekends and holidays that may exceed 40 hours per week.
Qualities and Qualifications of a Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or other related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 years professional finance or accounting experience with evidence of successfully executing financial plans and/or overseeing/executing accounting operations
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and values, and to an anti-racist work culture
- Excellent Quickbooks and Excel skills; strong communications skills; familiarity with GAAP, FASB, and payroll processing best practices, ability to tell stories with numbers and explain financial concepts required
- Successful candidates will demonstrate diligence, attention to detail, organizational skills, and fluency with accounting principles, math, and analysis
- Regularly review and analyze PTC’s financial health, providing reports and recommendations on future financial plans
- Assist management and departments in developing the annual organizational budget
- Manage and complete annual audit process: collaborate with auditor and management to provide all necessary materials for annual financial statement audit and tax returns
- Administer payroll process with third party provider
- Complete regular bank statement, credit account, and CRM database reconciliations
- Process AR, A/P, daily income entry and reconciliation, from CRM reports, submit quarterly sales tax reports, and other ad-hoc bookkeeping items
- Maintain all financial records for required periods on behalf of PTC
- Support workers’ comp and other insurance audit processes
- Assist management with guest artist, staff, and rental contracting: providing input and guidance on financial impact, union requirements, and labor regulations.
- Revise PTC’s accounting division of duties policy and enforce best practices.
- Must have working knowledge of our ticketing software system.
- Other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION: The position is full time, exempt, salary is $45k-55k
- Company-paid HMO
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Company-matched simple IRA
START DATE: Flexible, October preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Business Manager – Candidate Last Name” in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please, no follow up calls.
PTC believes in working hard on our anti-racist practice across the whole organization and we invite candidates to review more information here https://www.penobscottheatre.org/dei/
Candidates of color and from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full-Time Job in Theatre: Business Manager, Penobscot Theatre Company, Bangor ME , USA. Remote candidates will be considered.
To apply for an open position, please follow the instructions in the official listing or send a cover letter and resume with the TITLE OF JOB in the subject line to email@example.com.